So, reading the last few posts, I realise how negative they all sound, so here are some random thoughts from the last few days:
1. On my way into work yesterday morning, I started composing a poem to my washing machine (if Ktae Bush can do it, why can't I). It seems my poetic skills aren't very good and I only got as far as:
Washing Machine, Washing Machine
Your make my dirty laundry so clean
You are 20 years old and smell of mould
But to get a new model'd be obscene
Don't worry. I am not giving up my day job
2. Ellis is convinced that choo choos go in the sky. He will not be told otherwise. I have yet to meet the person who can argue successfully with a two year old. As an aside, apparently when I was 2, I used to argue with my oldest brother who is 11 years older than I am. T is logical and persuasive, but I am stubborn and he used to give up in frustration. I am beginning to understand…
3. I think I have to give up red wine (sob, sob). If I have so much as a glass these days, I wake up feeling sick. Someone may as well cut off my left arm.
4. we tried taking a "fun family foto" last night. This is what we came up with:
6. E Man is not a happy bunny this morning. I can confirm that spirited/high need children are a wonderous gift to humanity. However, on the days where the extreme sensitivity and tearfulness come out, its a challenge. I think this afternoon we will go and take a long walk somewhere wooded. That usually helps.
7. If you haven't seen it already. I really recommend reading Kate Evan's article in the Independent yesterday about miscarriage. It is beautiful and touching and articulates so clearly the loss that women feel when you lose a baby in pregnancy. http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-wellbeing/features/miscarriage-the-loneliest-grief-of-all-1516750.html